Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position provides senior project management and scheduling functions for commercial and industrial projects. Implements appropriate sales strategies and tactics that lead to a favorable position for the Company. Serves as Senior Project Manager on all successful bids and is responsible for the financial performance of those assigned jobs.
The Senior Project Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Operations.
Senior Project Manager manages any project Superintendents/Foremen assigned to work on his jobs in conjunction with the Construction Manager. Carries out any supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The termination of all employees is handled by the Company. The Senior Project Manager shall immediately report any employees who are in direct violation of company policy and procedures to the Construction Manager for further discipline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Responsible for leading and managing multiple projects from inception to completion with the full understanding of all project aspects including design, costing, construction, scheduling and budgeting. • Develops and updates project schedules for all phases of construction.
• Acts as main liaison between Company and customer from initial contact and after award of contract through to job completion and warranty duration.
• Issues contracts to subcontractors and purchase orders to vendors that protect the interests of T-Ross Brothers while ensuring that contract obligations are met.
• Manages the submittal process.
• Provides direct on-going support from initial planning throughout job duration and assists the Project Superintendents/Foremen with change orders, schedule updates, costs to date, estimated costs to complete, etc. on an as needed basis.
• Develops specific strategies with job Project Foremen to maintain budgetary requirements and organizational objectives.
• Responsible for the successful completion of each job within profit projections.
• Conducts formal monthly margin review process with Project Foremen and submits estimated final costs of each assigned project to Bookkeeper in timely manner.
• Ensures accurate and timely billing of all contracts and change/additional work orders in conjunction with the Bookkeeper. Settles all disputed invoices in a timely manner.
• Manages final close out of designated projects.
• Makes it well understood that the customer is the first priority and acts in such way to support that priority to maximize the benefit to the company.
• Develops and maintains good customer relations and ensures the customer is left with a positive lasting impression.
• Conducts all dealings on behalf of the company with the highest ethical standards and moral integrity.
• Maintains proper lines of communication throughout the organization to promote a teamwork atmosphere.
• Maintains professional manner and demeanor with appropriate actions.
• Promotes and enforces the Company’s safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations using best practices.
• Ensures that Project Foremen are enforcing safety standards and high-quality work standards on assigned projects.
• All other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in a business, engineering, or marketing discipline from an accredited four-year college or university is desirable. Four years of project management experience may be substituted for college.
Minimum 5 years-experience in the construction industry as a Project Manager with at least 7 years of direct industry experience.
• Able to read, analyze and interpret plans and specifications, blueprints, and trade journals. Able to write clear, concise reports, proposals, business correspondence and procedures. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished-- written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, vendors and the general public. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to manage all types of people and maximize use of all people assets.
• Utilizes effective negotiating and persuasion skills.
MEASURES of PERFORMANCE
The Senior Project Manager will be evaluated specifically on the following factors:
• Ensures that the project paper trail from start to finish minimizes the risk and protects the interests of the company.
• Maintains as sold gross margin sales goals to within at least 90% of estimated forecast figures on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Maintains excellent customer relations and corporate image and leaves customers with a positive last impression.
• Develops cost estimates that have an accuracy rating of 98% based on specifications and actual job conditions.
• Establishes Schedule of Values to enable the project to be in an overbilled status until at least 90% complete and meets billing schedule requirements each month.
• Provides proper support to field operations throughout project duration.
• Conducts accurate monthly margin reviews of assigned jobs with Project Foremen and submits to Bookkeeper in timely manner.
Interested candidates can apply at www.trossbrothers.com/employment
I have read and understand this job description.
Signature: __________________________________ Date: ___________________
Print Name: _________________________________
Manager: ___________________________________ Date: ___________________
Human Resources: ____________________________ Date: ___________________
T-Ross Brothers Construction, Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise, the employment relationship remains “at-will” the aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
T-Ross Brothers Construction, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Organization : T-Ross Brothers Construction, Inc.
Send information to : http://www.trossbrothers.com/employment