JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position provides the necessary sales estimating, take-offs, and project management functions of assigned projects for the company. Implements appropriate sales strategies and tactics that lead to a favorable position for the Company. Serves as an Estimator and Project Manager on all successful bids and is responsible for the financial performance of those assigned jobs. Teamwork, hands on help, work in field, site measures, unload trucks and other required needs to make the company successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Makes it well understood that the customer is the first priority and acts in such way to support that priority to maximize the benefit to the company.
• Conducts all dealings on behalf of the company with the highest ethical standards and moral integrity.
• Maintains proper lines of communication throughout the organization to promote a teamwork atmosphere.
• Maintains professional manner and demeanor with appropriate actions.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Acts as primary Sales/Estimator for targeted customers and on targeted projects.
• Performs the estimating, value engineering, and selling.
• Plans, develops, and implements specific sales strategies in conjunction with the President that maximizes the benefits to the Company to ensure that sales goals are met.
• Solicits enough bid activity to support the attainment of new order and sales goal.
• Solicits and documents prices from material and equipment vendors as required. Makes appropriate notations regarding product availability, etc. and includes any appropriate exclusions or conditions in the bid proposal.
• Utilizes information extracted from vendors to assess the competitive situation of the bid and informs the general manager of such.
• Reviews specifications, conducts, and documents detailed and accurate take-offs according to the specifications. Obtains approval of any unusual or high-risk requirements with general manager prior to developing the final cost estimate.
• Keeps abreast of new products, cost benefits, and incorporates into projects to maximize the benefit to Company.
• Analyzes actual field productivity as compared to estimated productivity and adjusts estimating rates accordingly.
• Reviews all estimates with general manager prior to customer submittal.
• Ensures that all price quotations are submitted to customers on a timely basis (per customer requirements).
• Ensures that final contract between Reliable Glass and owner protects the interests of Reliable Glass.
• Acts as main liaison between Company and customer from initial contact and after award of contract, submittal process through to job completion and warranty duration.
• Develops and maintains good customer relations and ensures the customer is left with a positive lasting impression.
• Issues contracts to subcontractors and purchase orders to vendors that protect the interests of Reliable Glass while ensuring that contract obligations are met. Manages the submittal process.
• Provides direct on-going support from initial planning throughout job duration with change orders, schedule updates, costs to date, estimated costs to complete, etc. on an as needed basis. Develops specific strategies to maintain budgetary requirements and organizational objectives.
• Responsible for the successful completion of each job within profit projections.
• Ensures that all employees are enforcing safety standards and high-quality work standards on assigned projects.
• Ensures accurate and timely billing of all contracts and change/additional work orders in conjunction with the Bookkeeper. Settles all disputed invoices in a timely manner.
• Manages final close out of designated projects.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in a business, engineering, or marketing discipline from an accredited four-year college or university is desirable. Four years of project management experience may be substituted for college.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction industry. At least 3 years of project management experience and at least 3 years of estimating experience in the building industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Able to read, analyze and interpret plans and specifications, blueprints, and trade journals. Able to write clear, concise reports, proposals, business correspondence and procedures. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished-- written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, vendors and the general public. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to manage all types of people and maximize use of all people assets.
Utilizes effective negotiating and persuasion skills.
I have read and understand this job description.
Signature: __________________________________ Date: ___________________
Print Name: _________________________________
Manager: ___________________________________ Date: ___________________
Human Resources: ____________________________ Date: ___________________
Reliable Glass Construction, Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise, the employment relationship remains “at-will” the aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Reliable Glass Construction, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Salary will be discussed during the interview.
Apply to www.reliableglassco.com/employment
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : Sales
Organization : Reliable Glass
Send information to : Apply to www.reliableglassco.com/employment