Helps in the implementation of the Safety System, which includes safety programs, OSHA and Environmental compliance, training and reporting of employees. The selected candidate will ensure programs and activities of the facility are maintained and implemented to both State and Federal OSHA Standards. Assists in safety and environmental training, performs audits and assist HR in managing Worker’s Comp data as needed.
• Ensure individual and employee compliance with all safety and environmental rules and requirements.
• Serve as the safety and environmental subject matter expert for the plant.
• Provide safety and environmental oversight for the facility.
• Ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and company safety laws and regulations.
• Implement safety programs and policies.
• Plan, develop, and conduct safety training.
• Conduct investigations and root cause analysis. Implements corrective actions and continuous improvement activities
• Maintain various reporting systems and provides safety analysis as required.
• Performs job hazard assessments (JSA) Safe Operating Procedures (SOP) by participating in processes and procedures
and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
• Conducts on-site audits to evaluate safe work practices.
• Manage safety training materials.
• Ensure appropriate OSHA and Environmental standards are applied throughout processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets
first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind;
establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an
appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal
• Functional Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of
• Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own
interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player
and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
• Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work
into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and
roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
• Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and
puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks;
• Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people
and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and
how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex
processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
• Education: College degree or equivalent training / work experience in a related field.
• Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Skills: Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including advanced data functions in Excel.
• Excellent analytical skills; Ability to collect and analyze data and present findings.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Solid ability in identifying and resolving problems in a timely, effective manner.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Travel: Minimal.
• Prerequisite Positions: None. Previous relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and training.
• Potential Growth Opportunities: Safety Supervisor.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands;
reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Candidate is required to spend 80 % floor time 20 % office environment
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
• Work environment: The noise level in the office environment is usually minimal to moderate, however the noise
level in the plant requires hearing protection.
Salary: $18 - $26/hour
Shift: Monday - Thursday, 5:30 pm - 3:00 am
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Organization : Great Dane
Send information to : https://greatdane.com/careers/#/