The Office Manager is responsible for the overall efficiency and organization of the management office. Including but not limited to office procedures, record keeping and filing. As bookkeeper the Office Manager will use QuickBooks to record, track and report finances. In addition, the Office Manager will oversee all employee and independent contractor payroll and tax payments.
Reports to: Managing Director
- Carry out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents.
- Implement and oversee office procedures including mail, emails, forms and record keeping.
- Support the planning and execution of company shows and events.
- Maintain all utility accounts and make arrangements for guest housing utilities.
- Maintain office online and paper files including but not limited to employee, contractor, donor, banking, tax, and vendor files.
- Manage Employee and Contractor onboarding, send out all contracts and link to employment portals.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data and personal information.
- Process bi-weekly payroll, taxes and reports including time off accruals.
- Maintain clearance requirements of personnel and volunteers, maintain records of expirations and notify personnel when renewal is due.
- Prepare and make bank deposit, reconcile all accounts monthly.
- Maintain petty cash accounts, reconcile monthly, and process sales tax payments as needed.
- Monitor Credit Card purchases, maintain subscriptions paid by credit card, and reconcile monthly statements.
- Use standard practices for accrual accounting.
- Record daily transactions and maintain company financial records.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepaid and deferred accounts.
- Reconcile monthly gift certificates, subscriptions and ticket sales monthly.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and accounting spreadsheets.
- Work cooperatively with the Board Treasurer and prepare monthly financial reports.
- Assist with the annual audit.
- College degree in business administration, accounting, or related field and equivalent experience.
- Proven office management and bookkeeping experience.
- Strong time-management, written, verbal, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized, attention to detail, self-directed and willing to take initiative.
- Exceptionally trustworthy, honest, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and Google Suites.
- Familiarity with office equipment, data entry, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to sit for several hours at a time, climb stairs and to lift and carry 25 pounds.
This job description is not considered to be an exhaustive list of tasks to be performed, and you may, from time to time, be asked to take on other tasks that pertain to the successful execution of your job.
This position is full-time, non-exempt.
Position open till filled.
BTE is an EOE.
Job Function : Administrative, Manager
Organization : Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble
Send information to : Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org