Estimator & Project Manager
Estimator & Project Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position provides the necessary estimating, sales, and project management functions of assigned projects for the company. Implements appropriate sales strategies and tactics that lead to a favorable position for the Company. Serves as Project Manager on all successful bids and is responsible for the financial performance of those assigned jobs.
The Estimator / Project Manager reports directly to the President.
None directly as Estimator. As Project Manager, manages any Project Superintendents / Foremen assigned to work on his jobs in conjunction with the Construction Manager. Carries out any supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The termination of all employees is handled by the Company. The Project Manager shall immediately report any employees who are in direct violation of company policy and procedures to the Construction Manager for further discipline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Makes it well understood that the customer is the first priority and acts in such way to support that priority to maximize the benefit to the company.
• Conducts all dealings on behalf of the company with the highest ethical standards and moral integrity.
• Maintains proper lines of communication throughout the organization to promote a teamwork atmosphere.
• Maintains professional manner and demeanor with appropriate actions.
• Adheres to the Company’s safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations using best practices.
• Promotes and enforces the Company’s safety requirements as required by OSHA regulations while on each job site.
• Acts as primary Estimator for targeted customers and on targeted projects.
• Performs the estimating, value engineering, and selling of design / build projects.
• Plans, develops, and implements specific sales strategies in conjunction with the President that maximizes the benefits to the Company to ensure that sales goals are met.
• Solicits enough bid activity to support the attainment of new order and sales goal.
• Solicits and documents prices from material and equipment vendors as required.
• Makes appropriate notations regarding product availability, etc. and includes any appropriate exclusions or conditions in the bid proposal.
• Utilizes information extracted from vendors to assess the competitive situation of the bid and informs the President of such.
• Reviews specifications, conducts, and documents detailed and accurate take-offs according to the specifications.
• Obtains approval of any unusual or high-risk requirements with President prior to developing the final cost estimate.
• Keeps abreast of new products, cost benefits, and incorporates into projects to maximize the benefit to Company.
• Analyzes actual field productivity as compared to estimated productivity and adjusts estimating rates accordingly.
• Reviews all estimates in excess of $500,000 with President prior to customer submittal.
• Ensures that all price quotations are submitted to customers on a timely basis (per customer requirements).
• Ensures that final contract between T-Ross Brothers Construction and owner protects the interests of T-Ross Brothers Construction.
• Acts as main liaison between Company and customer from initial contact and after award of contract through to job completion and warranty duration.
• Develops and maintains good customer relations and ensures the customer is left with a positive lasting impression.
• Issues contracts to subcontractors and purchase orders to vendors that protect the interests of T-Ross Brothers Construction while ensuring that contract obligations are met.
• Manages the submittal process.
• Provides direct on-going support from initial planning throughout job duration and assists the Project Superintendents / Foremen with change orders, schedule updates, costs to date, estimated costs to complete, etc. on an as needed basis.
• Develops specific strategies with job Project Foremen to maintain budgetary requirements and organizational objectives.
• Responsible for the successful completion of each job within profit projections.
• Conducts formal monthly margin review process with Project Foremen and submits estimated final costs of each assigned project to Bookkeeper in timely manner.
• Ensures that Project Foremen are enforcing safety standards and high-quality work standards on assigned projects.
• Ensures accurate and timely billing of all contracts and change / additional work orders in conjunction with the Bookkeeper. Settles all disputed invoices in a timely manner.
• Manages final close out of designated projects.
The Estimator / Project Manager will be evaluated specifically on the following factors:
• Ensures that the project paper trail from start to finish minimizes the risk and protects the interests of the company.
• Maintains as sold gross margin sales goals to within at least 90% of estimated forecast figures on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Maintains excellent customer relations and corporate image and leaves customers with a positive last impression.
• Develops cost estimates that have an accuracy rating of 98% based on specifications and actual job conditions.
• Establishes schedule of values to enable the project to be in an overbilled status until at least 90% complete and meets billing schedule requirements each month.
• Provides proper support to field operations throughout project duration.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in a business, engineering, or marketing discipline from an accredited four-year college or university is desirable. Four years of project management experience may be substituted for college.
Minimum ten years of experience in construction industry with at least seven years of direct industry experience. At least three years of project management experience and at least three years of estimating experience in the building industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Able to read, analyze and interpret plans and specifications, blueprints, and trade journals. Able to write clear, concise reports, proposals, business correspondence and procedures. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished– written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, vendors, and the public. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to manage all types of people and maximize use of all people assets.
• Utilizes effective negotiating and persuasion skills.
I have read and understand this job description.
Signature: __________________________________ Date: ___________________
Print Name: _________________________________
Manager: ___________________________________ Date: ___________________
Human Resources: ____________________________ Date: ___________________
T-Ross Brothers Construction, Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise, the employment relationship remains “at-will” the aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
T-Ross Brothers Construction, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Salary will be discussed during the interview.
Apply to www.trossbrothers.com/employment
or email resumes to Sandra Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Organization : T-Ross Brothers Construction, Inc.
Send information to : resumes can be emailed to Sandra Berry at email@example.com.