The Drafter prepares presentation and technical drawings using AutoCAD and other computer software. The employee is responsible for drawing preliminary prints used in client meetings, as well as complete sets of residential working drawings. The drafter ensures the project adheres to code and completes all necessary permit applications. They also make sure sub-contractors possess complete and updated prints. In addition, the qualified candidate will perform tasks such as making revisions, assembling specific sets of prints, and attending print review meetings. Interested in applying? Please contact Nick Johnston at Nick@CarriageManor.com.
- Create preliminary drawings for client presentations
- Complete residential working drawings to be used for permits and construction
- Prepare detailed elevations, floor plans, roof plans, building sections, and electrical and plumbing layouts
- Design soil & erosion plans
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures
- Consult code books and product specifications for accurate design
- Maintain positive interactions with clients, contractors, municipality inspectors, and employees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred, but not required. Desirable emphasis in Architectural Drafting. Will consider experience in lieu of college degree.
- Three plus years of experience in drafting
- Experience in completing various types of residential drawings
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to create 3D perspective drawings is a plus!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and positive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Very organized with systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Strong computer aptitude and technical skills
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD
Additional details are available at http://www.carriagemanor.com/about/join-our-team/