Are you a champion of entrepreneurship and passionate about helping small businesses succeed? Do you have a marketing, accounting, finance, or business background? Bucknell University's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is hiring a new member of their team. The Business Consultant provides entrepreneurs with the knowledge and skills they need to start and grow successful businesses in central PA, and engages with students across the university.
The SBDC values diversity in its workforce and all staff contribute to the center’s efforts to reach and engage diverse students, and our increasingly diverse clients throughout the region.
Financial analysis and planning; marketing research and assistance; business management and operations; marketing; human resources; and legal issues. (60%)
Perform SBDC duties up to 2 days per week in person at outreach locations other than the SBDC’s Lewisburg offices. Supervise and mentor student interns, and review their deliverables before submission to clients. (15%)
Serve as an advocate of entrepreneurship and innovation at Bucknell and in the community via presentations, stakeholder engagement, proactive strategic outreach, and support of student entrepreneurship (10%),
Support the SBDC’s StartUp business incubators, including assisting with member recruitment and services, partner relationships, marketing, and events. (10%)
Develop and deliver training programs for the business community. (3%)
Other duties as assigned by the SBDC Director and/or Assistant Director (2%)
Two years of business experience in marketing, accounting, finance, or a related field
Working knowledge of office productivity software and the ability to conduct effective business research
Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, time management, and organizational skills
Experience or ability to effectively conduct outreach and identify new clients from the business community
Experience in creating and/or understanding basic financial documents
Some in-state travel that requires a valid US driver’s license, as well as occasional evening and weekend work to meet center objectives
Commercial banking or other financial experience, and the ability to provide guidance in financial analysis and proposals to secure capital.
Proficiency with QuickBooks or similar accounting software, and experience in accounting/bookkeeping best practices.
Experience in human resource management, including hiring, employee relations, and regulatory compliance.
Experience in starting, running, or consulting with small businesses
Master's degree in business or similar discipline
Ability to participate in oral conversations in an interpersonal setting to receive and communicate information, and ability to prepare and visually inspect documents.
Ability to travel with or without accommodations.
This position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, year-round staff position, renewable annually based on continued funding.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a Staff Exempt position with a hiring range of $60,000-$74,700. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- myriad other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Position is posted on Bucknell's career site and also on LinkedIn https://lnkd.in/ehne4TZw?trk=public_post-text